Our neighborhood is known as a great shopping destination filled with fantastic locally-owned, independent stores. The Retailer of the Year Award is given to a favorite retail store in Andersonville. After receiving hundreds of nominations, the following are the finalists for this prize:
- With their distinctive red awnings, Akira has built a reputation in Chicago for offering the latest styles in clothing for men and women. Akira has sexy dresses, denim, jewelry, and handbags from over 200 design brands and smaller fashion houses.
- Foursided is a custom framing store dedicated to bringing imagination to life with art, custom framing, ephemera, and antiques. Foursided also offers a variety of cards and gifts.
- In Fine Spirits is wine, spirit, and craft beer store who updates their offerings regularly to ensure value, quality, and selection.
- Jameson Loves Danger a newcomer to the neighborhood in 2012, this neighborhood pet store (and multiple Andersonville Honors nominee) sells pet supplies, grooming services, and has supply delivery.
- Milk Handmade is another newcomer to Andersonville in 2012 (and another multiple Andersonville Honors nominee). It has gained recognition around the city as a unique boutique selling chic handmade clothing and accessories, offering well-made and fashionable items at affordable prices.