The following are the nominees up for the Restaurant/Bar of the Year Award:
- Hamburger Mary’s serves a wide selection of burgers, sandwiches, and soups with a twist. Hamburger Mary’s also has a sports bar, brewery, and an entertainment venue upstairs. They were the winners of the Eco-Andersonville Award at last year’s Andersonville Honors Gala!
- Jerry’s was a newcomer in 2012 and features a 100+ menu of warm and cold sandwiches, burgers, sausages, po boys, and entrée salads along American craft beer and whiskey. Look for their patio to open in the spring of 2013!
- Lady Gregory’s had their soft opening during Midsommarfest weekend 2011 and have been packing in the crowds ever since.. Their menu features distinctive specialties with an emphasis on farm-to-table, sustainable, and local ingredients. A nominee last year for the Welcome Addition Award!
- Another newcomer in 2012, the menu at Ombra is inspired by the regional flavors of the Italian Tre Venezie which features cured meats, vegetables, bruschetta, and tramanzzini along with a full bar menu of cocktails and beer. All served in one of the most eye-catching interiors in the neighborhood!
- Famous across Chicago for their delicious glogg served during the holiday season, Simon’s Tavern is a friendly neighborhood bar whose blue and yellow neon ‘herring holding a martini glass’sign has welcomed visitors to Andersonville for a long time. In fact, next year will mark Simon’s 80th anniversary!