Everyone knows that Midsommarfest is a great place to have a cold beer and listen to great music, but there is also LOTS for families with kids to do during the day, thanks to the Family Fun Area, sponsored by Alamo Shoes.
Open from 11:00am-5:00pm on Saturday and Sunday, the Family Fun Area will feature:As always, ALL activities in the Family Fun Area are FREE! And, don't forget, admission to the festival for kids 12 and under is also FREE.
- Scale the always-popular inflatable climbing wall
- Get in the fast lane with our 22' inflatable slide
- Crafts and theatre games with Dream Big Performing Arts
- Face painting by College Nannies & Tutors
- Chicago's Bicycling Ambassadors
- Crafts and games with an international flair exploring other cultures with Little Linguists Academy (Saturday only)
- Activities with Design Dance (Sunday only)
- Toys Et Cetera featuring craft activities, in addition to their kid's talent show!
In addition to the Family Fun Area, the Summerdale Stage (at Clark and Summerdale) features a great line-up of entertainment that kids of all ages are sure to love! The Summerdale Stage is sponsored by Lake Shore Schools.
SATURDAY, JUNE 8
11:00 AM Mad Science
12:00 PM Ruff n' Stuff Pet Parade (stop by store to enter!)
1:00 PM Trowbridge Guitar Studio
2:00 PM Dream Big Performing Arts
2:30 PM Little Linguists
3:00 PM Raisin Rhyme
4:00 PM LiveWire
5:00 PM The Revelettes - Chicago's grooviest go-go gals
SUNDAY, JUNE 9
11:00 AM Radio Disney
12:00 PM Andersonville Suzuki
2:00 PM Toys Et Cetera Kids Talent Show
3:00 PM Dream Big Performing Arts
3:30 PM Design Dance
4:00 PM Laura Doherty
AND, that's not all!
The Swedish American Museum & Brunk Children's Museum of Immigration will also be offering FREE admission during Midsommarfest weekend (Saturday & Sunday, 11:00am-4:00pm), as well as children's activities in front of the museum during the day.